[jboss-dev] Testing Deployers Outside AS

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 22:06:46 EDT 2010

On 07/07/2010 09:40 AM, Bill Burke wrote:
> I'll be able to boot jbossweb and deploy/test servlets?

Unfortunately, no.  Reloaded intentionally addresses only the runtime
and deployment environment (ie. MC+VDF).

For Servlets, etc, you'd need JBossWeb to be installed/deployed into a
Reloaded base.  Again I point to Carlo who'd prototyped this last year
in the "Spider" project, but this hasn't gained traction since then.

The reason I bring up Reloaded and the accompanying Arquillian container
is to encourage projects to do this kind of wiring outside AS.  In that
way we'll have precertified profiles (collections of deployments) which
work in isolated fashion.  They'll be able to be brought up on their own
quickly, and they'll have an easier migration path to AS inclusion.

S,
ALR