[jboss-dev] pluggable auth-method

Sergey Beryozkin sberyozk at redhat.com
Wed Jul 14 05:47:09 EDT 2010

Hi

> You can achieve by writing a tomcat authenticator and putting it in
> WEB-INF/context.xml (JBAS) or META-INF/context.xml (tomcat).
>
> The auth-name is a string defined in the servlet spec.

thanks for the tip.

What is the difference between writing a custom Tomcat authenticator and a custom LoginModule, example,
org.picketlink.identity.federation.bindings.jboss.auth.SAML2STSLoginModule ?

My understanding is that having custom login modules :
 - makes it easy to stack together different modules, as shown for ex at [1]
 - but requires the explicit loading of (JBoss Security) AuthenticationManager (at least when services are POJOs)

cheers, Sergey

[1] http://community.jboss.org/wiki/SAMLEJBIntegrationwithPicketLinkSTS