[jboss-dev] AS trunk is broke

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Jun 4 10:26:48 EDT 2010

Jason can give the official response, but my understanding is committing
a component-matrix/pom.xml that directly or indirectly pulls in a
snapshot dependency is verboten.

During the 6.0.0 M2 dev process we made a brief (IIRC one day) exception
to that for Hibernate so we could let hudson run the AS testsuite using
their-about-to-be-tagged-final code. I agreed to that only because a
Hibernate release really is a big thing; would have taken Steve a full
day to do a formal CR for us to test.

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
JBoss by Red Hat