[jboss-dev] Tattletale 1.1 released

Jesper Pedersen jpederse at redhat.com
Mon Mar 15 11:55:01 EDT 2010

Tattletale 1.1 released [1]

I'm very happy to announce the availability of the Tattletale 1.1, the Java
dependency analyzer, release.

A lot of features have been added over the last year, so I'll give a brief
run-down of some of them. See our documentation for full details.

Profiles

Tattletale now features known "profiles", which are well-known APIs targeting
the Java Standard or Java Enterprise platforms.

The list of profiles are

    * Java 5 and Java 6
    * Java Enterprise Edition 5 and Java Enterprise Edition 6
    * Spring 2.5 and Spring 3.0
    * Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) 1.0 (JSR-299)
    * JBoss Seam 2.2

Adding profiles to your configuration will resolve any dependencies on the
specified profiles.

New reports

Tattletale 1.1 also features new reports.

    * Sealed information
    * Signed information
    * Unused Jar archives
    * Circular Dependency

which should help you make your product/project distribution even better.

Other enhancements

A lot of small/large enhancements also went in the release.

    * Ability to exclude directories from the scan
    * Ability to filter results from the reports
    * Apache Ant support
    * Apache Maven support

These features will allow you to integrate Tattletale into your QA environment
and automate getting daily reports.

I want to thank the people that helped out with the release over the last
year, especially Torben Jaeger who did a lot of work :)

Best regards,
 Jesper

[1] http://jboss.org/tattletale/