[jboss-dev] How to bind object to JNDI from jmx-jboss-beans.xml

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 14:00:06 EDT 2010

On 03/25/2010 12:44 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> I'm working on adding a remote JMXConnector to AS trunk via a new
> jmx-jboss-beans.xml (see http://pastebin.com/JjsiRrh9).  I would like to
> bind a string representation of the JMX service URL to JNDI.  Any
> pointers to doing the bind (from a jboss-beans.xml) are welcome.
>
> If not, I will hack through it but wanted to check first.  :)

Scott, if you're binding into JNDI, you probably should bind the real RMI
stub (RMIServerImpl.toStub()), not the string representation of the URL.
Unless I grossly misunderstand how the RMIConnector thing works anyway.

That said... I have no idea what the right process is for binding things
via MC.
--
- DML ☍