[jboss-dev] VHosts in AS 6 and naming

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Sep 16 07:17:36 EDT 2010

Am 27.08.2010 um 23:38 schrieb Remy Maucherat:

> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Jason T. Greene
> <jason.greene at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Sounds more reasonable to me. Although, what was the reason behind the
>> auto vhost generation? Was it to avoid restarting the server?
>
> Scott added it due to customer demand, I believe, because it was
> indeed hard to do anything without restarting at the time (you could
> have used JMX possibly, and that was it; now, I think the admin
> console should be able to do it). (Maybe it was also to be able to
> deploy a webapp to all vhosts, but it's less likely)

Please make sure, management methods for the vhosts
are present as well.
In previous AS versions, one had to parse MBean names
to 'guess' the vhosts.
We have/had huge issues in JON when writing the response time
gathering, as there is no way to get the vhost a request is targeted
to from the web container.

  Heiko