[jboss-dev] Do we need mod_cluster.sar in "default" JBoss AS config?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 11:39:28 EDT 2010

As I've stated before, we should move away from 'all' vs. 'default' and
instead focus on 'production' and 'development' profiles.  IMO,
mod-cluster, or any clustering, should not be in the 'development'
profile no matter how fast or slow it is.  In my experiments, gutting
non-development and legacy components had a significant impact 5-10% on
boot time.

On 9/22/10 5:14 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> Had a chat with Remy about this and it looks intentional to have it in
> "default". Since this doesn't add any noticeable time during the AS
> boot, I believe it's OK to have it in "default".
>
> -Jaikiran
> On Wednesday 22 September 2010 02:11 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> In AS trunk, I see that we are deploying mod_cluster.sar in the
>> "default" JBoss AS config. Do we need that for "default"?
>>
>> -Jaikiran

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com