[jboss-dev] IDE Remote Control

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 12:36:04 EST 2016

On 4 Mar 2016, at 7:32, Samurdhi Karunarathne wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I previously expressed my interest in the GSoC project to develop an
> IDE
> Remote Control for Eclipse. I did some work on it and managed to
> develop
> the plugin to be able to accept requests through the browser.

Nice - got a link ?

> Can anybody
> tell me what exactly needs to be done with these requests? Should the
> user
> be able to view/edit projects on the browser itself or does the plugin
> only
> remotely do tasks that can otherwise be done through the Eclipse UI?

It is the other way around, that when you are in your browser - how do I
open
files/resources from this browser in the IDE ?

i.e. with this plugin github.com could have links like
http://localhost:6666/clone/?repo=https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-website
which would mean clone this repo and import it into the IDE.

> Like
> opening projects or saving an already open project. I'm a bit unclear
> on
> this regard. I tried contacting Max (Max Anderson) but could not get
> through to him.

sorry for the late response but been quite busy.

I'm travelling the next couple of weeks so i'll be slow, but I'll
respond where I can.

/max
> Hoping for a favorable response.
>
> Regards,
> Samurdhi.
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Samurdhi Karunarathne <
> samurdhilbk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I'm Samurdhi Karunarathne and I'm a student at the Faculty of
>> Engineering,
>> University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I came across the idea of
>> creating a
>> plugin for Eclipse that responds to requests sent in through a web
>> browser,
>> on the GSoC 2016 ideas page. I have quite some experience in this
>> direction
>> and I think that it's a pretty cool idea. So I'm very excited to work
>> on
>> this project for GSoC 2016.
>> Hope you could give me some guidelines to get myself up and aboard
>> the
>> task. Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Samurdhi.