[jboss-l10n] Fixing BRMS / BPMS 6.0 translations

Michael Anstis manstis at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 06:52:40 EST 2013

Hi Toshiya,

IDK if you're who we need to talk to, but I'm sure you can direct me to
the appropriate person.

We've started pulling in various translations from Zanata and some are
causing problems. These are examples I've witnessed:-

(1) Use of certain characters, e.g. apostrophe. These need to be escaped
with i.e. replaced with two apostrophes.

(2) Removal of variable place-holders. A source string may contain {0}
(or 1, 2, 3 etc). This represents a place-holder where our code
substitutes a value at runtime. These are sometimes been removed which
breaks our code.

There are various Jenkins jobs that can be examined to check our code
compiles; but failures due to i18n issues are hard to spot (or at least
you'd need to know what to look for).

How can we educate translators as to these issues; and ensure fixes are
made to the translation files in Zanata?

With kind regards,

Mike