[jboss-rpm] JBoss AS RPM weekly news, 21st April

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Sat Apr 21 04:22:23 EDT 2012

Hey, weekly news are back! :)

1. Fedora JBoss AS test day is over.

The test went very well, only one small issue was found and is already
fixed upstream. The test results itself:

	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-04-17_JBoss_Application_Server#Test_Results

I wrote a small recap, take a look if you want:

	http://goldmann.pl/blog/2012/04/18/impressions-after-fedora-test-day-for-jboss-application-server/

2. Changes to the AS7 package in 7.1.0-3

- systemd files are now nice and short (yay!)
- It's now possible to run JBoss AS from different directory by
specifying the  JBOSS_BASE_DIR environment variable
- jboss-as-cp script was added to make it easy to run AS7 from different
directory

3. I'm about to upgrade to *7.1.1.Final*

I managed to rebase to version 7.1.1.Final and it seems it just works on
Fedora provided RPMs. In the short future I will update relevant
dependencies and push a new release to Fedora.

4. Repository changes

a) Since I'm going to move to 7.1.1.Final - a new "fedora-7.1.1.Final"
branch was created:

	https://github.com/fedora-jboss-as/jboss-as/tree/fedora-7.1.1.Final

It is now the default branch for this repository.

b) Branch "fedora17" from jboss-as repo was removed because it was unused.

c) In the jboss-as-rpm repository a "fedora_master" branch was created
which reflect the state of the Fedora repository for jboss-as package:

	http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=jboss-as.git

Branch on github will be used to do the actual work as previous (pull
requests, etc) and later on it'll be merged with Fedora's repo.

Branch "fedora_master" is now the default branch for jboss-as-rpm repo.
Old branch "master" will be still there for historic purposes.

--Marek