[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - class cast exception

razvanc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 2 06:39:33 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am using JBoss 4.0.4.GA and i have the following problem:

I have two ears,
- first contains the ejbs jar + the ejb interfaces jar. The ejb jar refers the ejb interfaces jar.
- the second ear contains a war archive that refers the ejb interfaces jar file. it also contains the ejb interfaces jar file in root.

I also changed the ear deployer.xml to have isolation and call by value set to true.

when I try to acquire a reference to a stateful session bean located in the first ear from the second ear, i get a class cast exception:

SEVERE: Error Rendering View[/view_server.xhtml]
javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy90
	at org.jboss.ejb3.tx.Ejb3TxPolicy.handleExceptionInOurTx(Ejb3TxPolicy.java:69)
	at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:83)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy90
	at org.nuxeo.os.delegate.EJBFactory.getServerOperations(EJBFactory.java:120)
	at org.nuxeo.os.delegate.BusinessDelegate.getServerOperationsRemote(BusinessDelegate.java:96)
	at org.nuxeo.os.delegate.BusinessDelegate$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$d66ac51f.CGLIB$getServerOperationsRemote$4()
	at org.nuxeo.os.delegate.BusinessDelegate$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$d66ac51f$$FastClassByCGLIB$$c53bdfc9.invoke()
	at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invokeSuper(MethodProxy.java:167)
	at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.JavaBeanInterceptor$1.proceed(JavaBeanInterceptor.java:80)

basically after i've done some reading it seems it's a classloader problem.
however, i need to separate the two ear files as they will ultimately be deployed on separate machines.

Can you ples tell me how can i solve this?

Razvan C

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962408#3962408

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962408