[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Why isn't @Predestory honored in @Stateless beans as wel

asack do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 2 10:29:10 EDT 2006

Hi wolf and Bill (nice talk at JavaOne btw):

As per section 4.5.1 in the ejb-3_0-fr-spec-ejbcore entitled, "Stateless Session Bean State Diagram", see Figure 6.  And I quote from the spec:

"When the container no longer needs the instance (usually when the container wants to reducethe number of instances in the method-ready pool), the container invokes the PreDestroy lifecycle callback interceptor methods for it, if any. This ends the life of the stateless session bean instance." [pg 85]

I would think undeployment would definitely fit under that statement.

Bill, with all due respect, I shouldn't have to plug anything in...that's your job! :D!

Also, why aren't naming contexts removed from JNDI space still?  Is that expected behavior?

-aps

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962481#3962481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962481