[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: RMI-IIOP

One_Special_User do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 2 11:03:14 EDT 2006

Ok, the status so far:

My C#-Client can lookup the SessionBeans and invoke them.
But I just don't get any Java-Client to retrieve any SessionBean.
Nevertheless, JNDIView states all EJBs are bound to right JNDI-Names.

Now I'm already getting a reference at the clientside, but narrowing causes a NullPointerException:

  |     public static Properties getJBOSSProperties() {
  |         Properties props   = new Properties();
  |         String factoryName = "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory";
  |         String providerURL = "iiop://localhost:2255";
  |         String factoryPkgs = "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces";
  |         props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, factoryName);
  |         props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,            providerURL);
  |         props.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,        factoryPkgs);
  |         return props;
  |     }

  |         Properties props = getJBOSSProperties();
  |         Context ctx      = new InitialContext( props );
  |         System.out.println( "Got InitialContext!" );
  | // some other SessionBeans-Names, but doesn't matter //
  |         String jndi = "vfmcontroller/VFMController";
  |         Object obj_ref      = ctx.lookup( jndi );
  |         System.out.println( "Got Reference: " + jndi );
  |         System.out.println( "Class: " + obj_ref.getClass() );
  |

  |         VFMControllerHome home   = (VFMControllerHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow( obj_ref, VFMControllerHome.class );
  |         VFMController controller = home.create();
  |         System.out.println( "Got VFMController: " + controller.getTime() );

StackTrace:
Got InitialContext!
  | log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext).
  | log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
  | Got Reference: vfmcontroller/VFMController
  | Class: class org.omg.stub.javax.ejb._EJBHome_Stub
  | Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
  |         at test.TestKlasse.main(TestKlasse.java:93)

I've tried all combinations of Properties (INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, PROVIDER_URL, URL_PKG_PREFIXES) with corresponding values and I think i have included all clientside-necessary JARs (jbossall-client.jar etc).

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

I've searched the web and found all just the same but no solution works for me.

Please tell me, which jar's to be included (serverside/clientside) or specific configurations which might cause problems... :-/

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962496#3962496

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962496