[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Removing a MessageListener doesn't remove its associated

davidrh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 05:48:33 EDT 2006

I'd vote for round robin.  As you can probably gather from the simulated timings in our test harness, we use the queues to defer some expensive processing and throttle our application to produce dependable response times.  Some of our processing averages around 200 - 250ms per message, so a chunk of 150 messages to one receiver represents around 30 - 40 seconds worth of processing.  Round robin would allow us to spread this more reliably between the available receivers.

Having said that, it's not hugely important as we tune our number of listeners for average daily load.  Peak load may be 10 times the average, but as long as we get through a days worth of messages in a day it doesn't matter much.

Is the chunk size configurable in CR4?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962769#3962769

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962769