[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - .XLS opening problem in JBOSS

mandeep do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 06:49:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am facing a weird problem with my xls files when opened thru Jboss in IE.

I have a JSP deployed on JBOSS which has links to a pdf file and a xls file.

The pdf file opens up normally when the link is clicked on, but when the xls link is clicked it displays some ANSI characters in IE instead of opening the xls file correctly.

The code of my jsp is as follows:

  | ***********************************************************
  | <%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"%>
  | <head>
  | </head>
  | <h2>Testing File Links</h2>
  | <hr/>

The same code works fine when run as a simple HTML outside JBOSS.

Is there any remedy  ??

Regards,
Mandeep Singh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962786#3962786