[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Updating a Collection of entities

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 07:15:47 EDT 2006

Hello,
I have an EJB with a collection variable of some entities declared as:

  | @In(create = false, required=false) @Out(required=false)
  | 	private Collection<myEntity> myEntitiesList;

Before using the outjected collection inside a datatable in the view, I have a previous action that initialize the collection with some content.

I also have action method to update the collection after it gets modified by the view.

I use this EJB for many porpuses so the collection must not be always required.

At the moment I annotate the collection with the @IN annotation, the outjected collection outjected as an empty collection (or maybe not outjected at all, I'm not sure),

At the moment I remove the @IN annotation, the collection is outjected with all of its content, but then, obviously the update method does not work and the collection is not affected by the view modifications.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks a lot.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962795#3962795

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962795