[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Using WSRP with JBoss Portal 2.4

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 11:30:12 EDT 2006

The documentation is indeed not as good as it could be. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the document and had read it. I will try to make it clearer. If you have anything that you'd like to see in it, please let us know.

As far as your question goes, *-wsrp.xml files have nothing to do with remotely exposing a local portlet. They are meant to configure access to a remote producer (i.e. to be able to access remote portlets within Portal).

To expose a local portlet to remote consumers, the only thing that is required is to add the remotable tag to the jboss-portlet.xml file for that portlet. That portlet will then be availble to remote consumers (i.e. it should appear in the list of available portlets on your remote consumer for your configured Portal producer). To make sure that this is indeed the case, you can look at the portlet list in the management portlet of the admin page of your Portal instance. All local portlets with are also remotely exposed are exposed to Portal itself under the "self" portlet provider.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3962894#3962894

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3962894