[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: deploying portlets - changes between 2.2 and 2.4?

taiji3 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 3 17:22:35 EDT 2006

Thank you very much - that nearly explains everything. I guess the reason I was a bit confused is I am already using a portlet-instances.xml file - just coded a bit differently. I just redid both the portlet-instances.xml and the -object.xml and redeployed without incident.

One question that the document does not make clear: I am not coding any page or window specific descriptors in my -object.xml file - I use the admin area to put portlets on specific pages instead. So that means that I now have nothing real in my -object.xml, just empty deployments and deploment  tags.

It ran without problems, but is this correct practice?

Thanks again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963036#3963036

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963036