[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Getting Started Seam

jjsoft do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 4 09:59:37 EDT 2006

Hi, I've been using JBoss AS (ebj) for a while, now I am trying to investigate JSF, so I tried to follow the Seam getting started guide.

Did a fresh install of everything

I am getting the error
08:42:13,550 ERROR [[Faces Servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
org.jboss.seam.InstantiationException: Could not instantiate Seam component: register

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: RegisterAction not bound
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:267)

Now this is a fresh install AS404 EJB clustered and I think I did everything correctly, does anyone have any ideas on why I am getting the about error. I can usually figure things out once I can get an example or two working.  But I've got to be able to get one working!

thanks in advance

jim

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963186#3963186

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963186