[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Issue in defining role based category display in JBOSS forum

rahulm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 4 11:35:26 EDT 2006

I am using JBOSS forum 2.2 sp1 binary in JBOSS portal 2.2 sp1. In my application there are different roles like marketing and sales.
There are different form categories defined like  marketing-category and sales-category.
I want to give access to these categories to specific roles.
A person having marketing role should only able to create forum and post topics in that specific category only.

I tried adding the security permissions in jboss-portlet.xml like

/marketing-category

       <permission-name>AddForumInCategory</permission-name>
       <role-name>Marketing</role-name>

      <permission-name></permission-name>
       <role-name>sales</role-name>

It does not seem working...