[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Explicit document source root using context/docbase

gburcher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 7 10:17:01 EDT 2006

I had previously seen the wiki entry named "ExternalDirectories". This wiki entry specifically talks about serving static content like HTML pages and images. I can make this work using the instructions in the wiki.

What I want to do is to redirect the root directory for my entire application deployment file structure. We use many servlets and .jsp files. I want to keep my jsp/html/image/etc. source files plus WEB-INF in a directory outside of the JBoss install directory. We have used a number of other app servers and are just moving to JBoss. This has been possible in all other app servers.

We deploy in exploded format, not in a .war file. Initially, I deployed my file structure under the \jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\ROOT.war directory. I got that working fine. Now I want to move the entire .war directory out from under the JBoss install directory.

When I try this using the instructions in the "ExternalDirectories" wiki entry, I get a number of errors. This appears to be the root error:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.

Not sure if this would work even if I can make this error go away. Is there an intended way to redirect an entire web app deploy directory outside of the JBoss install directory?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963585#3963585

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963585