[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Entity Bean custom functions - asText(), createfromwkt()

nbarker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 7 12:31:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have written entity beans that map on to the columns of a spatial database (postgis) so I have a property

	@Column(name="extents")
	public String getExtents()
	{
		return extents;
	}

where extents is actually of type Geometry but I want JBoss to call the database astext() function wrapper when retrieving this column, and when it updates the entity to call the database createfromwkt() function.

Is this possible with EJB3?  Ideally I would also likes these functions to be available when using EJB-QL?

Many thanks,

Norman

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963618#3963618

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963618