[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB3 find() with Oracle database returns NPE

jedavie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 8 10:15:40 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am having one problem using the JBoss EJB3 implementation that I cannot figure out and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

When I use the EntityManager to create(), persist(), and then find() an object using the supplied HSQL database, all works well. When I switch my DataSource to an Oracle database, I can create() and persist() an object to the database, but find() then returns a NPE. Using other tools such as Toad or Eclipse Databse Explorer, I can see the newly created objects in the Oracle database, but I cannot use find() to retrieve them. I am using the following:
JBoss 4.0.4.GA AS and EJB3
Oracle 10G
J2EE 1.5.0_07

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going on, or where I might look to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963813#3963813

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963813