[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Using WSRP with JBoss Portal 2.4

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 8 17:11:25 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : What do you mean by "cannot configure WSRP instance"? Does it mean I cannot use a WSRP portlet?

Julien meant that we do not currently support the Portlet Management interface. What this means is that you cannot create an instance of the portlet and then configure it with specific properties for each of your users. An example would be a weather portlet. To be useful, the weather portlet requires a zip code (for example) so that it knows which location it needs to display the weather for. Using the 2.4 implementation (without support for Portlet Management), it is not possible to change the portlet property for a user so that each user can display a different weather location. It is however possible to configure *on the producer side* several instances of the portlet with different settings and then offer them via WSRP. Any operation requiring consumer-initiated cloning or property modification is not currently supported (but will be in 2.6).

anonymous wrote : When I tried to change the portlet provider in the management portlet (under portlet), I got the following error. Is it because the feature has not been implemented yet?

The portlet provider switching is fully supported and should work. Getting an exception is not normal. However, JSF creates very long exception stacks and the useful information is usually pretty far in the stack... Hence, could you provide the complete error, so that I can try to see what is going wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963911#3963911

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963911