[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Programmatically creating workflows

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 8 19:37:58 EDT 2006

Did you look at the documentation and examples/testcases? This is possible, but watch out with managers customizing workflows. Read all blog by Tom. It depends what you mean by customizing. Changing some parameters or changing flow. If the latter is the case you need an editor for it. Then you most likely want it web based... right... Lots of issues arise then. How do you test these for errors? Do you allow them to do it in production? etc..etc...etc.... I've advised people internally at the company I work for to NOT do this... I mean do not have managers or customers change processes themselves. I know, the business want to skip the tech people, but instead of having them do it themselves (yuck) create a new role, 'process designer' who does some invisible tech work on the days the business suite is not there and use a graphical designer if he is... Works perfectly here.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3963931#3963931

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3963931