[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - A beginner seeking for advice

satimis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 11:09:13 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

Just joined this forum.  JBoss is completely new to me.  I expect to explore it getting to know its application.  Please advise;

1) Which packages shall I download for testing at start?

2) I shall run Ubuntu-alternate-6.06 as OS.  Unless I must build the OS myself then I shall head LFS -> BLFS.  Can I use OS off the shelf?

3) Do I need Eclipse to run JBoss application?

4) What will be the package on JBoss equivalent to Crystal Vision and Xcelsius, dashboard, of Business Object

5) Are JBoss packages available on 64 bits?

TIA

B.R.
satimis

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964072#3964072