[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Why not always use cache invalidation option?

anarvekar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 11:36:09 EDT 2006

I have a question regarding the 'Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean with cache invalidation' container configuration vs. 'Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean'. I know what both of these do. My question is this. When would I ever want to use 'Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean' because 'Standard CMP 2.x EntityBean with cache invalidation' seems to give me the benefits of commit option A when I am in a single server mode and in a clustered environment it gives me the benefit of keeping the entity beans in sync by invalidating the cache on the other servers.

Wouldn't you always want to use the cache invalidation option regardless of whether you are in a single-server or clustered setup? This is of course based on my assumption that in a single-server setup, the cache for the single server will not be invalidated (that would lose the benefit of commit option A). What am I missing here?

Thanks.
Ashish.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964084#3964084

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964084