[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam URLs and request processing

raja05 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 12:29:11 EDT 2006

The rest have been answered in the other post. Ill try and answer the one that isnt answered there.

"dpocock" wrote :
  | b) for the register.seam URL, does JSF/Seam simply look for a JSP file with the same name, e.g. does it look for register.jsp, or if I put the URL help.seam, does it look for help.jsp?  Or is there some more complicated decision making that helps it decide which page to use or which bean to invoke?

The default View handler extension(indicated by ViewHandler.DEFAULT_SUFFIX) is .jsp. So any url that you have will get replaced with a .jsp and is looked for. If you want this to be changed, you can specify a javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX in your web.xml's init-param and give a suitable extension.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964096#3964096

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964096