[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Resume Pageflow after Conversation Timeout

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 9 14:32:17 EDT 2006

"connerjohn" wrote :
  | I agree.  However, shouldn't the data from previous steps be saved in the database (I'm not doing anything with transactions to delay saving) automatically by Seam.

Yup of course.  I use pageflows for wizards, so only save to the database at user controlled points (normally the finish button at the end!).

anonymous wrote :
  | But beyond that, what I'm looking for is the ability to specify an action method to execute instead of the no-conversation-view-id.  I am using the no-conversation-view-id now and redirecting to an action in pages.xml which executes an SFSB method and then returns an outcome for a new *.xhtml page.  However, it would be a lot better and more contained if I could just specify the action in the pageflow definition itself - similar to the no-conversation-view-id.
  |
  | Right now I am just restarting the pageflow in the pages.xml action.  However, for the right pageflow process, the SFSB method called could be smart enough to "setup" the conversation state (and entirely up to the developer to make sure the state was restored correctly).

Well I think that sounds like a reasonable request; start a pageflow on conversation timeout, and then populate the conversation with whatever information you want. This could be via an action method or perhaps the name of the pageflow to start.

I think the normal proceedure for this is to put it in JIRA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964131#3964131

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964131