[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Is there the limit of length for value binding?

smajima do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 10 05:33:07 EDT 2006

I use JBoss/Seam 1.0.0CR3.

When I wrote a long EL name for accessing JavaBean's property.

  | javax.faces.FacesException: Value binding '#{chgWhereaboutsAction.groupSelectItems}'of UISelectItems
  | with component-path {Component-Path : [Class: javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /chgWhereabouts.jsp]
  | [Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlForm,Id: _id0][Class: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlSelectOneMenu,Id:
  |  groupId][Class: javax.faces.component.UISelectItems,Id: _id218]} does not reference an Object of type SelectItem,
  |  SelectItem[], Collection or Map but of type : null

There was the error above.  I changed JavaBean's @Name to chgWhereaboutsBB. It's a little bit shorter than before(chgWhereaboutsAction)
And I run again and no error ocured.

What happened ? Is there the limit of length for specifying componemt property ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964297#3964297

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964297