[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Class loading problem

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 10 14:23:30 EDT 2006

"rdewell" wrote :

  | Both paypal_stubs.jar and jboss-seam.jar are inside the ejb file, at the top level.  Any ideas why this is happening?  Has jboss not "loaded" paypal_stubs.jar before jboss-seam.jar does its component scan?  Any workarounds known?  I thought all of the third party jars should go right at the top of the .ejb file, right where seam, facelets, etc jars are.
  |
  | Been at this problem for quite a while, and any suggestions are welcome.
  |
  | Ryan

Here's a trick you can try.  Go to deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\META-INF\jboss-service.xml
set true

Often, the problem is that something packaged at the EJB or EAR level references something packaged in the WAR.  With the Tomcat classloader, this won't work.  (WAR classes can reference EJB classes, but the converse is not true).  When using the JBoss classloader for WARs, any class can generally reference any other class.

Exceptions to the above have to do with repository configuration.  See http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration

For a general checklist that helps to debug NoClassDefFoundError, see http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=GetClassNotFoundExceptionOrNoClassDefFoundError

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964448#3964448