[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Graceful logout and friendly login ? How to?

Basel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 10 16:30:37 EDT 2006

In short, how can I keep track of the GET request parameters and the URL when users login and logout?

For instance, blogEntry.jsf depends on a request parameter called id and a page action entryAction.setEntry. Moreover, login and logout are performed using the two page actions loginAction.login and loginAction.logout.

Scenario 1 ? login:
It is common for the user to login after viewing blogEntry.jsf?id=35. Now, the user would expect blogEntry.jsf?id=35 to be displayed again after the login. For this to work, loginAction.login has to know the view name from which the user clicked on login and any request parameters that were present. However, not knowing this information forces loginAction.login to return ?/home.jsf? so that the user is redirected to the home page.

Scenario 2 - logout:
The user is already logged in and is currently viewing  blogEntry.jsf?id=35. The user clicks on logout and as a result loginAction.logout returns null so that the current page is redisplayed. At this point the user is redirected to blogEntry.jsf instead of blogEntry.jsf?id=35. As a result, the page action entryAction.setEntry returns a new Entry object that has no properties set.

I tried to access the HttpServletRequest in the second scenario but calling getNames() method on it returned only one parameter which is the conversationId.

I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions that would help in avoiding these two scenarios.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964476#3964476

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964476