[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Explicit document source root using context/docbase

gburcher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 11 10:49:35 EDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already seen the UsingContextDotXML wiki entry. This entry presumes that I have a web-app root directory, say MyWebApp.war, located in the jboss-install\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar directory.

The entry says to put the context.xml file in MyWebApp.war\WEB-INF. My whole purpose is to put the MyWebApp.war directory somewhere else, outside of the JBoss install directory. But I tried it anyway. I put an empty MyWebApp.war directory with WEB-INF in the jbossweb-tomcat55.sar  directory. I put my context.xml file in WEB-INF. Here are the contents of the context.XML file:

<Context docBase="c:/MyLocation/MyWebApp.war" reloadable="true">
  | </Context>

In the c:/MyLocation/MyWebApp.war directory I put the full deployment tree, including WEB-INF, that would normally go under the jbossweb-tomcat55.sar directory. With this configuration I get a 404 error on any jsp that I try to hit. Not sure if I could put the docBase value inside jboss-web.xml instead of context.xml. Can't find documentation of the allowed contents of jboss-web.xml.

It seems like there should be a way to define a web-app/context outside of the root directory for the web-app/context and specify the location of the root directory. Otherwise, there is a catch-22. I want to specify the root location of my web-app, but jboss/tomcat has to look inside the root location of my web-app to read the configuration info.

I'm close to giving up on this one. Is there anyone associated with JBoss development who can offer help?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964635#3964635

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964635