[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Internationalization

yxyang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 12 10:15:35 EDT 2006

julien written:
anonymous wrote :
  | Normally it is done at runtime if your portlet extends the GenericPortlet which contains :
  |
  |    protected String getTitle(RenderRequest request)
  |    {
  |       ResourceBundle bundle = getResourceBundle(request.getLocale());
  |       return bundle.getString("javax.portlet.title");
  |    }
  |
  | If you produce the correct resource bundle it should work.

After testing, i found that the
anonymous wrote : getResourceBundle(request.getLocale()); has some problem and it can only load English resource.

However, if i use

anonymous wrote :
  | 		ResourceBundle bundle = ResourceBundle.getBundle("resourceBundle",
  | 				request.getLocale(),getClass().getClassLoader());

then it works.

Why? For me, it seems that the Portlet configuration implemention has some bug because it cannot get the resource bundle correctly according to the resource configuration for the portlet.

regards
yang

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964775#3964775

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964775