[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: NPE using JSTL format

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 12 20:31:31 EDT 2006

Looks like we are out of luck.  According to the spec, section 11.1.4:

anonymous wrote : Depending on the underlying web-server/servlet-container and the portal/portletcontainer
  | implementation, client request HTTP headers may not be always available.
  | Portlets should not rely on the presence of headers to function properly.

I have verified that the HttpRequest object does not contain any headers.  So it looks like there is a conflict between the portal spec and the JSTL implementation (and possibly also the spec, but I haven't checked that).  I haven't looked at the 2.0 portal spec to see if this problem is solved there.

I have noticed, from googling, that other portal implementations support fmt:message, namely SAS, BEA, and IBM.  I have found internationalization tutorials on all three that use fmt:message.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964807#3964807

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964807