[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Can't find branch for FD8 release, posted documentation is o

gcomnz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 13 02:57:57 EDT 2006

To start off, before this relatively negative post: THANKS!!! JBOSS is the sh*t. I love the attitude, I love the ethic, and I love the risk taking. This is business as it should be, and it rocks.

That said:

1. The EJB 3.0 releases don't contain source, making it difficult to attach source in IDEs for debugging

2. I've been searching for a long time in the CVS repository and can't seem to find the version tag for releases, meaning that I can't find the accurate sources for what I'm using in order to get around problem 1

3. The online Javadocs are *** seriously ***  out of date, meaning I can't attach to those in the IDE either.

4. Responsiveness on this forum is lackluster at the very best. I'm a paying customer, so I get to complain about that vociferously ;-)

In any case: I think JBoss' future is closely tied to it's EJB 3.0 product's success. Just an opinion. But I'd imagine it's a reasonable one. So I suggest some better packaging, QA (on the Install doc, for example, that's a pitiful situation), and document/source policies. Look to Seam/Hibernate for examples. The source is in their distro. Frankly they package too much in their distro, but its the right choice, and it makes life easy.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964813#3964813

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964813