[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Can't find branch for FD8 release, posted documentation

raja05 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 13 05:50:49 EDT 2006

Welcome to frustration while searching code. Ive tried this before and am still not very comfortable at locating branches and source codes to attach to Idea. Anyway , here are some answers that might help.

"gcomnz" wrote :
  | 1. The EJB 3.0 releases don't contain source, making it difficult to attach source in IDEs for debugging

The EJB3.0 sources are part of the JBoss_4_0 branch and can be obtained here
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/branches/Branch_4_0/
The subtrees are ejb3 and ejb3x

"gcomnz" wrote :
  | 2. I've been searching for a long time in the CVS repository and can't seem to find the version tag for releases, meaning that I can't find the accurate sources for what I'm using in order to get around problem 1

These got shifted to SVN sometime late July I think and SVN seems to be more easier to navigate( Fisheye sucks if you dont know the branch or tag names). Also, Fisheye does not seem to have any tag information, so unless you know the tag for a subtree, you are lost. Anyway, if you are able to find out the tag/branch names from any of the commit messages, here is how to do the browsing for a particular tree
fisheye.labs.jboss.com/viewrep/~tag=JBoss_Seam_1_0_1_GA/JBoss/jboss-seam
That would fetch the JBoss_Seam_1_0_1_GA tag for Seam and I got the tagname from one of the commit messages. I honestly have no idea how to do it generically

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964826#3964826

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964826