[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Frustrated and anxious

chuckadams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 00:43:10 EDT 2006

I'm really frustrated at how cumbersome getting started with Seam is.  I've spent close to a week trying to find a skeleton app that is friendly to eclipse WTP.  I have given up -- seamgen didn't work for me and fiddling with the sample apps doesn't give me a self-contained build.xml, let alone a sane project structure (what's with /resources?).

I really like Seam I am really jazzed about EJB finally working, uh, seamlessly with a solid template technology like facelets, and I'm really intrigued by the DWR features that I haven't even gotten to yet.  Yet due to the problems with getting started and the continued low profile I'm afraid it's not getting the support and development resources it deserves, and that it's going to get abandoned for whatever shiny new thing comes along next.  If Java Studio Creator manages to do facelets in the next version, it might just be the better option (depends on what kind of annotation support I can get with it I guess).

The CRUD app generation in Hibernate tools looks like the best bet, even if it doesn't generate a proper multi-project structure with a separate EAR.  But since EJB3 is supposed to be about POJOs anyway, and Seam about making it even more nimble, so maybe I really should stop trying to force it into J2EE 1.4 shapes and just go with the single-project flow.  I can just make ant deploy the run target and presto it's eclipse-friendly again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964880#3964880

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964880