[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: How to configure JBoss with MS SQL Server

jovi_iits do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 07:01:11 EDT 2006

I used the configuration for MSSQL 2000 with msbase.jar, msutil.jar, mssqlserver.jar then my app worked fine in some cases but could not execute multiple statements with "Can't start a cloned connection while in manual transaction mode." exception.

When I try to use below configuration for MSSQL 2005 with sqljdbc.jar

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <!-- The SQL Server 2005 Database JCA connection factory config -->
  | <datasources>
  |       <local-tx-datasource>
  |             <jndi-name>MYDATASOURCE</jndi-name>
  |             <connection-url>jdbc:sqlserver://my-server;databaseName=MYDATABASE</connection-url>
  |             <driver-class>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</driver-class>
  |             <user-name>user</user-name>
  |             <password>password</password>
  |             <!-- This will be run before a managed connection is removed from the pool for use by a client-->
  |             <check-valid-connection-sql>select 1</check-valid-connection-sql>
  |             <!-- The minimum connections in a pool/sub-pool. Pools are lazily constructed on first use -->
  |             <min-pool-size>10</min-pool-size>
  |             <!-- The maximum connections in a pool/sub-pool -->
  |             <max-pool-size>30</max-pool-size>
  |       </local-tx-datasource>
  | </datasources>

then my app could not get connection from datasource.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964931#3964931

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964931