[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Glassfish and Seam - NullPointerException...

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 11:05:30 EDT 2006

This appears to be a JSF RI bug.  The WebappLifecycleListener is used for JEE5 dependency injection on managed beans that get added to different scopes.  The problem in your case is that Seam is adding attributes to the applicaiton scope before JSF is initialized.

JSF should be ignoring added attributes until it is fully initialized.  I'll work on a fix for this in JSF.

In the mean time, you can try to find out where Glassfish is adding the WebappLifecycleListener.  As long as you are not doing dependency injection on your managed beans you can safely disable this listener.

I'm not talking about the injection that Seam does.  Info on the injection I am talking about is in section 5.4 of the JSF 1.2 spec.  You can also read about it here: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2EE/injection/

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965005#3965005

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965005