[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Inconsistent behavior of Discriminator

hitman_in_wis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 11:31:55 EDT 2006

Ok, I did figure the wierd part out as to why I was getting multiples of the same object instead of the 10 different database rows.  My Id was declared incorrectly, and was identical among the ten rows.  Apparently the Java Persistence sees that the objects all have the same Id and, since there is already one in memory, decides to point at that one instead of loading the row from the database.  So that makes sense.

What still doesn't make sense, however, is that a discriminator is not used during join queries.  I am still getting all 10 rows from the database, regardless of whether they fit the discriminator.  Can anyone explain that one?

Thanks!
-Brett Birschbach

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965021#3965021

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965021