[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Frustrated and anxious

dougorr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 12:14:55 EDT 2006

I'm not sure if this helps, but I am also trying to get started with Seam and am using the Eclipse UI. My approach was to use the Registration Tutorial in the Seam documentation. I created my own project structure and my own build.xml. It took a while to get this to work because I overlooked that Seam needs a seam.properties file in its ear, even if the file is empty. This seems like a bug but once I accepted that requirement everything worked ok.

As for JEE5 support, you have to make sure that Eclipse knows about which version of the compiler you are using and that the same default is being used by the internal Ant processes. Once this is set correctly I didn't have any trouble with annotations.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965034#3965034

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965034