[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Native Java Code (POJO) Invocation

ncapito do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 15:41:05 EDT 2006

I actually agree with everything you have said.   Ironically i started of with JPDL, saw the Bpel Extension and liked the functionality so i converted.  But i then found myself in a non distributed environment so i was wondering if really i should be using webservices at all....

But idealy, my personal thoughts, I would like to have some "process services," types of utlities to mesh together the returns from other webservices and actual webservices as well.  My beliefs could just be an over emphisis on the complexity/NetworkIO/etc...  and quite honestly  I hadn't really thought of the XML-to-Java mapping overhead on making local java calls...

It seems that JPDL is powerful because of its interaction with java, and BPEL for its integration of Web Services.... I guess the problem is that you might want to mesh the two together without having to change process languages..... it seems like there is no real in between.

Think of this situation....

Which would perform better:
A standalone system with just standard java calls,
or
A standalone system using bpel with java calls being converted to local WS (endpoints) calls?

Assuming that the BPEL is fully portable(of course with minor invoke changes) from JPDL to the extension the above situation should be an easy port....  I am going to do some testing with it so I will let you know what i find out....

Has there been any performance comparison between JPDL and the BPEL Extension?

I will put a little more thought into it and get back to you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965098#3965098

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965098