[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Developing a very simple action

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 16:56:01 EDT 2006

I'm trying to develope a very simple action within Seam.  My goal is to eventually create a system which lets me register users, but the first step is to just have Seam actually call register() method in a session bean.  The method doesn't do anything useful.  Here's what I have:

In the JSP:

  |         <f:view>
  |             <h:form>
  |                 <h:commandButton type="submit" value="Register" action="#{registerDude.register}"/>
  |             </h:form>
  |         </f:view>

And the RegisterDudeAction.java:

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("registerDude")
  | public class RegisterDudeAction implements RegisterDude {
  |
  |     /** Creates a new instance of RegisterDudeAction */
  |     public RegisterDudeAction() {
  |         System.out.println("************** just constructed a registerdudeaction!!!!!!!!");
  |     }
  |
  |     @Logger private Log logger;
  |
  |     public String register() {
  |         logger.info("************** just started the register action !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!");
  |         return "/registered.jsp";
  |     }
  | }

and an interface to go with it:

  | @Local public interface RegisterDude {
  |
  |     public String register();
  |
  | }

So simple it can't fail, right?  Wrong!  The RegisterDudeAction never gets constructed, and of course the action never gets called.  What could be happening here?  There's no data model, nothing to validate.  It should be brain-dead trivial, right?

I appreciate any ideas.  Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965112#3965112

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965112