[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: taken end and task instance end

cpob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 15 09:26:13 EDT 2006

"yxyang" wrote : (1)what do you mean "task end"? I went through the source code and find out that the hibernate queries for findTaskInstance....() related methods only retrieve the "open" tasks.

This is in the user guide.  Task end... means the task is ended.

"yxyang" wrote : (2)What is the purpose of this "open" flag in  jbpm design?

I think that flag indicates if it is active/open or ended/closed.  Experiment a bit and see what it does

"yxyang" wrote : (3)Under what situation, will the  completion of a task instances trigger a signal on the token? In other words, who will response for the triggering of the token when a task instance is completed?

Like I said before, if there is a single task instance on a task node, and you end that task, it will signal the token.  (using default jPDL attributes - if you don't know what these are, you're using the defaults)  If you have multiple tasks on a task node, the LAST completed task will signal the token.

"yxyang" wrote : (4)I know token.signal() move the token to next node. But what is the function of "token.end()"? If a token and all of its children are ended, what does it mean?

I take it as killing the token.  It's done, no more, no more signalling, etc.  My suggestion is just to experiment and see what happens.  Write up a simple test case which ends tasks and tokens and etc and see what happens.  Look at the database.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965253#3965253

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965253