[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - A single point of failure in ChainingCacheLoader

shimi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 15 09:54:23 EDT 2006

In the user documentation of the cache it is written:
anonymous wrote : To alleviate single point of failure, we could combine this with a ChainingCacheLoader, where the first CacheLoader is a ClusteredCacheLoader, the second a TcpDelegatingCacheLoader, and the last a JDBCacheLoader, effectively defining our cost of access to a cache in increasing order of cost.

This sounds like a good thing to have but this is not true. Since all the delegate methods at ChainingCacheLoader throws Exceptions.
Lets take a look  at the example above. When ChainingCacheLoader execute
public void put(Fqn name, Map attributes) throws Exception

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965258#3965258

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965258