[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - My Plan: JBPM 2 Wiki Bridge

gf_public do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 15 11:45:53 EDT 2006

Hello

I have a plan: I want to write something like a "jbpm-Plugin", that updates a wiki whenever new workflow-instances are created and finished. I don't want to implement that into the design of the workflow process. It should be something that you can plug into "any" jbpm installation, and then it starts writing to a wiki. I am writing a little Servlet for the snipsnap wiki software (www.snipsnap.org), that shall update the pages.
My question is now: What is the best practice to have this servlet called by the jbpm.

My first idea is JMS+MDBs. Is it possible to configure jbpm, so that it sends messages to a topic as a publisher?
Then I would try to write my first MDB, which then calls the wiki-servlet.

Let me tell you the versions i am using.. I don't want to change these anymore as time is passing by ...

JBoss 4.0.2 (from the starters-kis)
jbpm 3.1.2 (from the starters-kis)

Thanks for any comments on my idea,
Gregor