[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Praise for Seam

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 15 22:29:25 EDT 2006

By the way, here's my next feature request for Seam:

I love that I can use annotations for so many things now, including form input validation.  That's great!

The one thing I find I need the most though is automatic form generation.  The reason is: The current business cycle for web development is people want a demo / prototype FAST.  They want to see something working right away.  Some annotations that would let me quickly and automatically generate forms from objects would be great.  They don't need to look pretty, but they need to function.

That's my wish list.

Oh, and also better debugging capabilities.  It is crazy-difficult to track things down when the app isn't working right and the bug is some minor XML thing.  For example, I didn't have a seam.properties at first.  It just needs to be there as an empty file.  If it isn't there there should be a simple message in the exception, something like, "you must have a seam.properties file to use Seam, and I couldn't find it in the classloader."

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965393#3965393

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965393