[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Results caching in Connection Pool

harish_here do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 05:09:18 EDT 2006

We are using JBoss 4.0.2 with MySQL 5.0. We are using Connection Pooling of JBoss with MySQL database. The records updated in one query in not getting reflected in another query though the records are committed and is updated in database.

For ex: A connection X is feteched from connection pool (using datasource & JNDI mapping). Some fields of a record are updated with this "X" connection and transaction is committed. The connection is then closed. Immediately after this, a new connection "Y" is fetched from connection pool (this returns an different connection from pool) and same record is fetched. However it shows up data prior to the updation!!!  But the same data is reflected in database. After sometime (1 min or idle-timeout-in-minutes value), if the records are fetched again, it shows up the new/updated data. I assume there is some caching of results at the Jboss connection pool level.

Please let me know if there is some problem with configuration.

Following is the mysql-ds.xml for the same

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>MySqlDS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://172.17.182.102:3306/uiia</connection-url>
    <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
    <user-name>x</user-name>
    <min-pool-size>1</min-pool-size>
    <max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
    <idle-timeout-minutes>1</idle-timeout-minutes>
    <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>

       <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>