[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: jboss started but not serving

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 16:45:08 EDT 2006

The root cause is: Caused by java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category

I am going to make the assumption that you installed via the installation jar file, and that you chose to install everything.  For some reason, it appears that the log4j.jar file is missing.  You could try reinstalling (this time don't select the clustering option, I'm assuming that clustering might have some cause regarding the problem, but that could simply be the poor service that is the first to stumble upon the problem).

Another option is to ditch the installer, and just download the binary zip file and unzip it to a directory. That's what I did on both Linux and Windows, and have been happily running 4.0.4 for months.

If you need EJB 3 support, you could use the installer jar to install the basic EJB option (no clustering), or you could download the source and compile it with the 5.0 JDK.

As a last thought, you could always get a log4j.jar file and place it into the server/default/lib directory.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965580#3965580

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965580